... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Monday, January 26, 2009

Tumbling Excitement

Val has Tumbling on Monday mornings. She LOVES it. Today was comical in that I have never seen a group of parents move so fast or so much hand sanitizer come out at the end of a class. It is in a gym and we all sit along the wall and watch. I had Ron with me because after class I was going to run on a treadmill. Anyhow - the kids are all doing a "circuit" - backward rolls, jumping over mats, handstands on the wall and forward rolls. We are just sitting there watching and I see a little girl (these are all 3-5 year olds) stand up from doing her backward roll and I see her cover her mouth and liquid come out. As I sit and think "Did she just get sick?" She proceeds to totally throw up. Parents all come flying off the wall and gather kids to make sure no one steps in it or touches it. The two instructors get stuff to clean it up and get a custodian in there. They move the poor girl off the mats and onto the wood floor and one of the instructors sits with her while another parent helps track down her mom. Apparently she wasn't where she said she'd be. When we sign the kids in we have to put down where we will be if we aren't staying in the room. After the initial excitement, a handful of parents helped the kids keep going on the circuit, the instructors put cones around the area where she got sick, and class continued. After the class ended all the moms that had hand sanitizer in their purses, had it out and put it on the kids before leaving the room. You could hear the moms that didn't have it "Come on, let's go wash hands." The little girl's mom did come and get her. I felt bad for her (both mom and daughter), but she didn't get upset. Mine would have probably cried. I'm just hoping it doesn't come back into my house...I've already had a round of the stomach flu and I don't want another one. Sorry if any of you feel ill, but it was an entertaining story. I did proceed to get 2 miles in on the treadmill - so it was a good workout. I need new shoes, hopefully end of February. Gotta fit them into the budget. Everybody stay healthy!

No comments: