This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Only 8 days in? Really?
Well let's see...we survived the vomiting and have moved on to the other end. Sam has either dodged it or handled it better. Ron seems to have a mild case, but doing okay. Val is struggling. Poor thing was up at 4am telling me her pjs and bed were wet and she had to go potty. Got Todd up to help me get her changed and got her in her sleeping bag on her floor. Not dealing with sheets at 4am. She was up over the next two hours in the bathroom. Went through another set of pjs, but managed to keep the sleeping bag dry (thank goodness). The day was spent changing underwear and listening to her whine and cry about everything. She finally took a nap late in the day and that helped. She missed school, which she was extremely upset about. Ron and I missed her first swim lesson because we couldn't take Val to the Y and I didn't get to work out. It is all okay though - life happens and it is okay. I have the ability to care for my children and they will get better. It is one of the things I reminded myself as I was making Val's bed and grumbling a little because it isn't the easiest thing to do. There are people in this world that don't have the ability to make a bed and wish they could. There are people who are physically unable to do the simple things like change a diaper or change their child's clothes. I'm fortunate that I can do these things for my family. It is difficult to remember that these are blessings when I am in the middle of it, but they are blessings and I'm thankful for them. Hope you all are enjoying your blessings - whatever they may be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen neighbor!!
Post a Comment