... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Extremely Emotional

I have taken the following items from friends who have dealt with quite a loss, but have remained strong and faithful and I wanted to share. The note is my friend and Aunt to Jeremy. She has completed an Ironman (she is a mother of 4 by the way) and deals with her own daily struggles of being a Mom, Wife and individual. The link is to some of the pictures that were taken the day Jeremy was born. The photographer did a fantastic job of capturing all the emotions of a lifetime, that occured in only an hour. Make sure you have tissues if you decide to watch. Another friend of mine made the comment how we take an hour for granted. An hour can seem so long at times, but looking at the fact that Jeremy was only here for an hour - it was much too short. I was not able to stay for the service today. I did stop to offer my support, briefly. I was sick over the weekend and had Ron with me and I didn't want to take the chance of infecting too many people or Ron disrupting the service. One thing she did that was very sweet though - when I gave Beth a hug when I saw her, I was holding Ron. Ron has not met Beth, but as I was hugging her with one arm, Ron reached and completed the hug on the other side and gave her a little pat on the back. It was very innocent and very sweet. Please continue to keep this family in your prayers. Now that all the "planning" is over, they are going to need more prayers to help heal. From Laura:
  • After going through one of the hardest days ever I sit here in a fog...I know that I have a mission now though -- more people need to know about Trisomy. More Moms and Dads should have the opportunity to meet their own special babies. More communities should be able to come together and support each other, just the way we did today. More people should have the HOPE that we all have in the future. I MUST get my act together and begin to do what I can to raise the Trisomy awareness...I will be joining the Tri-Be. Who am I kidding, I did this the day that I held Jeremy in my arms. What an angel. What a blessing. TRI BE Battle. Breathe. Believe. Across the globe, there's a forgotten and lost tribe of people. They're the children and families of children who have Trisomy 13 and 18. Their children have been given a death sentence. This tribe is hurt and mostly alone, waking up to face death and the fear of death. For those in this tribe, they learn not to live in the past or the future, but in the now. They learn how to be. They must be. Their motto can be summed up in 3 "B" words: (tri be). Battle. Breathe. Believe
  • Battle - against pain, fear, death, against the very cells in a body. Against anger. Against ignorance.
  • Breathe - trisomy babies are supposed to forget how to breathe and die. As a parent, you never take a breath for granted. And as a parent, you learn to just breathe. You keep thinking you can do something - you can't. In fact, you can do nothing. So, as Robbie Seay the singer says : breathe out and breathe again / know that life is hard, but it's worth breathing.
  • Believe - is all we can do and the best we can do. Believe that life is precious. Believe that today is a gift. Believe that there is eternal life for the redeemed. Believe that I have a Savior friend who will see me through this. Believe that there is strength in Him.
  • For more info on Tri Be check out www.ironmanforkids.com
http://www.jessicarstrickland.com/albumdesigns/shelby/

No comments: