This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Saturday, January 24, 2009
All Is Well
After a rough start...I got 5 workouts in and that included 3 runs - 6 miles. I am very pleased. It has been a good start to the weekend. Last night Sam had her first sleepover. Instead of doing a birthday party with friends I thought it might be nice and a little more sane to just have one friend over to spend the night. So, she picked her good friend M from down the street and we all went duckpin bowling and then out to eat. The bowling started off a little rough for Val. Todd was meeting us there so I had 4 girls with me. We got there and it wasn't busy, so I went and was getting the token for the duckpin bowling. The girls meanwhile are crazy excited. They wanted to take coats off as soon as we got in, but I wanted them to wait until we were ready to get situated and bowl. (This is an important note for the story) Val apparently had hers half off/half on. Her arms were still sort of in the sleeves, but the coat was off her shoulders. Anyhow - I finish getting the tokens and turn around to see Val facedown on the floor and she is screaming/crying. I thought she looked odd, but didn't notice right away...her arms were at her sides. I went over and picked her up, a little perterbed that she had been running around and fell. Well, as I stood her up and looked at her, I notice blood coming out of her mouth. Now it is serious. Round up the other three and try to get into the bathroom as quickly as possible. Note - Todd still isn't there. Get everyone into the bathroom and no paper towels. Grab some tp and wipe off her mouth to try to see what the damage is. She wouldn't let me touch her lip to get a good look, but from what I could tell she was going to be okay. I trek everybody back out of the bathroom and start heading to duckpin bowling. Now she gets upset because we are walking back towards the doors (the duckpin is near the entrance) and she thinks we are leaving. I get everyone sitting in the duckpin area and go get a cup of ice and some napkins. Todd shows up about this time as well. He corrals the other 3 while I get Val to calm down, suck on some ice and let me look at her lip. It wasn't split and she still had her teeth and she was finally settled down. She was fine the rest of the night and ate a decent dinner even. She now also has rug burn on her cheek. I have concluded that she tripped, but because of how her hands were in her coat, she couldn't get them out to slow down her fall and she basically face planted. I'm glad I didn't see it, because it was probably pretty funny to see. She is fine today. The girls all fell asleep around 9:30 last night. Val, M, and Sam all slept in the same room. There was no way Val was going to be left out and with her age we didn't force it. She'll start understanding as Sam does more sleepovers. The only bad thing was they were all up at 6:30 this morning. UGH! We had breakfast and M went home after lunch. I would have to say it was a very positive experience for all of us for the first sleepover. Busted lip and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear you got your workouts in, feels good doesn't! Glad you found time for yourself. I was the "biggest loser" in my program this week, yeah! I love your stories, very commical! Well we bought an '06 Honda Accord, we pick it up tomorrow...glad that drama is over. Are you guys doing anything for superbowl?
Post a Comment