... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Battling the Dark Force

There is a battle going on. Things aren't going very smoothly for working out. Had a decent run to start the New Year and then the girls got sick. Another good run on Jan 7, then I got sick and was out for a week. My plan was to get back to it this week. Started again on Monday. I decided to go ahead and work out while Val was in gymnastics. Not a treadmill available until 11am and that would be when class is over. The bikes were all in use as well. Managed to get 15 minutes in on the recumbant bike - not my favorite, but better than nothing. Here we are day 2 of the week. Ron has a runny nose and runny diapers - no child care for her. Decide to go in the evening after Todd gets home. It is extremely busy, but this time I get a treadmill. Start going - doing fine. I'm a mile and a half into my run and about eat it because the treadmill stops working. I can't get it to start up again. I almost just quit, but saw an empty treadmill, jumped on and finished the run. My new plan is to NOT plan. I need to start working day by day. Both in exercise and in finances. Today was a good day...I got a workout in and didn't get lunch out for the kids. Just need to make it through tomorrow too. But I'll address that in the morning. I have a tentative plan to work on things around the house, since Ron will most likely be staying home. Then it is off to exercise when Todd gets home and then a meeting at church. Hopefully will be another good day. Say some prayers. I believe that it is the devil and he doesn't want me to exercise and be healthy. Because that is something that is good for me and it is taking care of the body God gave me. I think he is the one that gets in my head at times and gives me all the excuses and reasons to stay home and be lazy. When I think of it that way, it should give me a little more motivation. Happy exercising!

1 comment:

Go Mom Go said...

day by day

That dark force is true. I know it he has been here...

Ok, so you don't have to do the ironman BUT I and another guy have a plan to get Tri for Trisomy up here in Indy. More info next week...how about a 5K or the duathalon?? Come on THOSE you CAN do!

Love and Dimes!