... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Life Teen

So - I just got home from my first Life Teen meeting as a Core member at our church. It was fun and I'm so glad I went. Life Teen is a ministry for High School students - "Leading Teens Closer to Christ" As a core member, I am one of the adults that helps out with the retreats as well as the weekly Life Teen meetings. Tonight was my "introduction" and it was fun. They are participating in a nationwide clothing drive. Life Teen set a goal of getting 50,000 lbs of clothes nationwide. Our parish alone - as of tonight had almost 14, 000 lbs of clothes. Amazing! So, I of course am all wound up and excited from getting to spend an evening with high school kids who are participating in the youth group and am looking forward to more nights like this. Just had to share - thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Beth said...

14 thousand pounds? Seriously? That is amazing... God is SO good!