... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ramblings

So - I should be going to bed, but am not quite ready. My mind is racing - I just finished watching McCain speak. I will say I was very excited last night after watching Palin and am thinking the Republicans may actually have a chance. Yes - I am a conservative. I discovered I was a republican while in college (although I didn't completely understand what that meant). I was playing a game called "Scruples" - not a game I would recommend with people you don't know very well. Anyhow - I had the question "You own a company that is struggling - do you make cutbacks to save the company or try other means with the chance of losing the company?" I said I'd make cutbacks because what good would the company be if it went totally under and everyone lost their jobs. This way - I could hire the people back when the company got back on its feet. Anyhow - one of the guys playing the game couldn't believe my choice and he said I was such a republican. It didn't mean a whole lot to me then. I don't like to tell people my views because in certain situations - I don't have all the facts. That is my biggest complaint with both candidates - they tell us all the things they are going to change and make better, but they don't tell us how. They are all kinds of great ideas, but how are they going to be implemented? If anyone knows where I can find that info - I'd appreciate it. I'm also not able to sleep because of thinking about my workouts - I've missed two days. Because of kids and thinking one had strep. Wednesday was out because they slept late so I was going to run after Todd got home, but opted out of it when I discovered it was 90 plus outside. Didn't make it today because I had to take Ron to the doc to check for strep. No strep, just a virus. So - now I'm motivating myself to go tomorrow and get at least a 3rd workout in this week. BUT - if it doesn't happen, it won't be the end of the world. I'm okay with it. Val is LOVING school. She can't wait to get home and show me the crafts she made that day. Although today it sounded like she told Todd she did "craps" at school. Take that however you want - we are going to ask if gambling is part of the curriculum. Sam is doing well. Homework is working out much better after dinner. She is struggling with not being a tattletale, but not being afraid to tell someone if she needs to. She mentioned a boy in her class and said he was a bully. So I asked her if he had done anything to her and she said he had taken her lunch star before she could get it. I asked if she told the teacher and she said that is tattling. I told her next time to tell the boy that she doesn't like for him to do that and to please stop, but if he keeps doing it, it is okay to tell the teacher what is happening. Every day is something I've not covered before. Well - I think I've covered all the things that keep me awake and I apologize for the random thoughts. Keep on praying for Aaron, Beth and Jeremy. The strength Beth is showing is amazing. She has such strong faith and I am amazed. I don't know if I could be as strong in the same situation. But I guess there isn't much she can do except to pray. Thanks for listening/reading. I need to get to bed - Leno is on, it is past my bedtime.

1 comment:

Go Mom Go said...

You rock.

That is all I have :) Stop worrying so much...ha ha -- of all the people to be telling you that!

Prayers are good.