This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Yea! Rain!
So - don't know how long it is going to last, but it was so nice to be looking out the window and watching the rain come down! I haven't cut the grass in over two weeks. Our backyard looks pitiful - between lack of water and kids playing on it all summer. We need about 3 days of rain and no one on it. Which is hopefully what we will be getting the rest of the week. I may have figured out the homework stress. The last couple of weeks have been awful between the hours of 4 and 6pm. Part of that had to do with getting the 15-20 minutes of homework in with Sam. We were trying to do it after a snack, but before going out to play. Not really her focus at that time. Plus the other two would be needing things and I'd be so frustrated and unhappy by the time Todd got home. This week we decided to try after dinner. Just let her play after school and not worry about it. It went so much smoother. She was ready at that point and there was someone to take care of the other two so Sam could get the full attention she needs and wants. Whew! Huge sigh of relief - hope this continues. Val had her first day of preschool today. She loves it. I told Todd the hardest part was watching all the 2 year olds crying and not wanting to be there, knowing my 2 year old would stay. She cried when I made her leave. She missed the cutoff date by 7 days. She is on the waiting list - I'm hoping someone drops out. But if not, she enjoys playing at the Y while I work out. Did 15 min on the bike and weights today - need to up my weights and can go longer on the bike next time. Here's hoping it keeps on raining!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment