This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Monday, September 1, 2008
One Week Down
Well - I managed to get my workouts in last week all the days that I wanted. I went and had my "coach approach" meeting at the Y and set up 4 goals for the next 6 months - Lose 20 lbs, drink 24 oz of water a day, run 2 miles without stopping, bike an hour a week. We'll see where I am at the end of 6 months - I have a follow up appointment in two weeks to see how I'm doing. I did a 2 mile run/walk today - felt like crap. It was first thing in the morning and I was stiff. I notice a difference - even when I run at the Y, I've at least been up walking around and doing stuff - so the 7:30am run wasn't so good. The weather was nice though. I got all set to do some of the weight machines at the Y. The problem is, Ron of course had a 101.2 fever today. I don't think she had it before bed, but I'll take her temp in the morning. If she still has one, I have to wait until Todd gets home to go work out. Here's the wrench I talked about before. Val starts preschool tomorrow - I'm very excited and she is as well. It will be so nice to have a couple of mornings with just one child. Sam and I went shopping tonight. Trying to get a few things without spending a ton of money - it isn't easy. We had to keep looking at what she wanted and putting things back. There were a few tears involved, but we got through it. And then I forgot to put back one of the shirts so it came home anyhow. Oh well! So - just wanted to share my workout progress, plus it helps me keep track of where I am. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great job.
Looks like some good goals as well.
Also...saw your post about hanging outside. :) We missed out didn't we! Actually we were out of town.
The day you sent the note about coming over and hanging out -- I did not get your message until too late. Then was a bad friend and did not respond. So. Thanks for the invite and we will have to do it soon. Can't today - have to did through laundry but soon!
Post a Comment