This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Book Recommendation
Okay - so I have a book I would recommend to everyone. It is called The Shack and the author is William Young I believe. The main character - Mack, suffers a great loss in his life and he meets God in a shack. It is actually the trinity that he meets and the description of how they work together within people and why things happen the way they do....it is a very interesting view of our relationship with God and with each other. There is a very insightful discussion about freedom of choice too. I bought it yesterday and finished it last night. Keep in mind, I'm a reader and I stayed up until 11:30 so I could finish it, but it is a relatively short book. I am going to read it again so I can really absorb more of it this time around. Speaking of God and faith - I had the opportunity to experience an act of grace this evening. I've mentioned Beth - who is expecting the baby, Jeremy, with Trisomy 13. Well, my church has a shawl ministry that I was involved in at one point. They knit and crochet prayer shawls. I contacted Beth's sister to see if she would appreciate a shawl. Her sister had been thinking the same thing, but just hadn't called me about it yet. I got the shawl last week and was able to give it to Beth tonight. Here is where the grace comes in. I had a general idea of what the shawl looked like - at least the colors in it. Well - when we unwrapped it to show Beth, it was an actual triangle shawl that she could wear. Not the more rectangular "blanket" that is typically given. Then it turns out all the colors in it are Beth's colors that she likes to wear and she would actually wear a shawl like this. I'm amazed at how these things work out. I have another friend that helps out with the shawls and she says she doesn't pick the shawls for the recipient, the shawls pick them. There is also a friend who tells me there are no coincidences. I believe her. God has a plan and sometimes based on our choices he has to alter it slightly, but he does know what we need. As usual, thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great story, thank you for sharing! I am grateful to have a neighbor that is a Christian also.
Post a Comment