... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Personal Best

Well, I don't have the official time yet, but according to my watch I did the 5k this morning in 39:50. I am thrilled! Hadn't done a lot of training, but was confident I could do it in 45 minutes, maybe even 42 - that was my previous PB. My goal was to run the first mile without stopping and then go from there. Did the first mile and wanted to stop and walk. Decided to keep going until the first water station and then would walk a little at that point. Well - happened to run next to another runner and she looked at me and said, "I'll motivate you, if you motivate me." So the next thing I knew I had run the second mile as well. I stop for a brief walk twice, but finished up strong. I would say I walked for a total of less than 2 minutes. I saw the finish line and it was counting towards 40 and I picked up the pace a little and I think I made it in under 40 minutes. The question now is whether I will be able to walk tomorrow. Todd has registered for the mini for next year and as of now, I'm wanting to do the 5k again. 3 miles is just so much more fun for me than 13. Just had to share!

No comments: