... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Friday, May 23, 2008

Adventures in Grocery Shopping

It finally happened. I have friends that talk about getting to check out and discovering all sorts of things in the cart that they didn't put in there. Only for me, I didn't even discover it until I got home. Made the trek to the store with Valerie and Veronica in tow. Not unusual and normally they are pretty good. Valerie was acting like she had to go to the bathroom and we did make one visit, but she didn't want to. Apparently she takes after her father and will hold it for hours rather than go in a public restroom. So - I was trying to go quickly because of that and the fact that Samantha would be getting home from school soon. Got to check out and Veronica started throwing a fit and clinging to my leg while I was trying to unload the cart. (she had been having fits throughout the store) A very nice woman behind me helped me unload so things could go faster. I'm guessing that is how I missed the item. I got home and discovered someone (my guess is Veronica) put an Oscar Mayer Deli Creation Sub Sandwich into the cart. It was Turkey and Cheddar Dijon. Thankfully it was something that I would eat - so I had it for lunch. It was definitely a nice change of pace, but I had to laugh that Veronica picked out my lunch for me today. Guess I have to start double checking the cart before getting into the check out lane.

No comments: