... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Two Thumbs Up

So - last week I had a little time to kill while Valerie was in tumbling. So, rather than go to Target where I would be tempted to spend money on things I really don't need, I took Veronica to the library. I picked up a book to read (The Ultimate Gift...saw the movie and both are excellent) and decided to get a couple of movies. I got a Baby Einstein for Veronica, Singing in the Rain for the girls and I, Chicago for me, and then for fun...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Todd really wasn't interested in watching, but I wanted to watch Charlie on our big TV. So we put it in and we both enjoyed it. Todd even said that would go on the list of movies to own. Johnny Depp was great in it. Totally different from the Gene Wilder version, but very good. There are just some lines in it and the delivery are just great. I would even say it is okay for older kids. Samantha is borderline in my opinion. I just wouldn't want to take the time to explain a lot of it to her, but there really wasn't anything terribly bad. There was a scene with some squirrels that could cause you to have flashbacks on your next walk in the woods. :) Anyhow - just finished watching it and had to share.

No comments: