This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Monday, February 25, 2008
Smart Choices
Okay - so I do worry sometimes about the snacks I am giving the kids because of the prevalence of childhood obesity. A friend (thanks LP) told me about a site called snackwise where you can enter info on your snack and it will rate it. I did a handful this morning and am happy to say that most of them were green (best choice) two were yellow (choose occasionally) and one was red (choose rarely). The Nilla Wafers came back red. Teddy Grahams, Yogurt Burst Cheerios, and Nutri Grain Cereal Bars were all good choices. Pretzels and Chewy Granola Bars were okay but not often. Makes me feel better since my kids LOVE the cereal bars and eat at least one, sometimes two a day. I'm doing okay. (of course I didn't enter anything I snack on - I know it will all come back red) Just wanted to share. Valerie is still doing great with the potty - she is even waking up dry now (a little early, but dry). She has a little cold starting - stuffy nose and cough. Wonder if she is going to wind up with the flu that Samantha had two weeks ago. We'll see. Guess I won't be making church tonight - probably be staying home with Valerie and Veronica while Todd takes Samantha to swim lessons. It's okay though - I'll try again next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment