This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
AAAGGGGHHHH! Make it stop!
Okay - I've had my fill of crying from the girls. Yesterday - all three were in tears at the dentist and yes - I took them by myself. Tonight - Samantha wound up in tears at a soccer clinic I took her to. She keeps going back and forth about whether or not she is interested. So her school was having a free "clinic" that was put on by the Dad's club. I asked her and she said she wanted to go. So I signed her up and we got home from swimming, ate dinner quickly and then took off for school. It all started off fine (except for the fact that out of 30 kids' parents, I was the only mom). Todd would have gone, but still recovering from wisdom teeth and also has a cold. Well - after the first two "exercises/games" Samantha got all shy and didn't want to participate. She was hanging out next to me - I asked and asked and gave her options for trying to get her to participate. After almost 30 minutes, I decided it was not worth it to be there and we were going home. She started to get upset, but I got her outside before she really started throwing her fit. Then the whole way home in the car it was nothing but crying, screaming, she wanted to go back and try it. Then she said that if I didn't take her back she wasn't going to school tomorrow and she meant it. When we got home, Valerie was in her room crying because she didn't eat her dinner and Todd sent her to her room. I'm hoping everyone is just tired and tomorrow will be better. So, I'm having a drink and trying to relax.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment