... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Friday, April 18, 2008

It is Officially Spring

Not only are flowers blooming and trees starting to bud, but allergies are kicking in and the girls got their first (and hopefully only) sunburn of the year. The weather was so nice the other day I toted all of us outside and was in such a rush to get out of the house I completely forgot sunscreen. I didn't notice until the next morning when Valerie had her shirt off I could see the line on her arms and then noticed she and Samantha both had pink cheeks. They weren't fried - just a little pink that was gone by the end of the day. Now I have the sunscreen sitting out. A quick workout update: Did something 4 times this week - classes M, Tue, and Fri, ran/walked Tue, Thu, and Fri - just a mile Tue and Fri and 2 miles on Thu. I'm feeling good. I can't believe how much I missed the exercise classes. Todd has made it a few times this week as well. He was already working out and missed the earthquake this morning. Apparently it wasn't felt at the Y. It woke me up and I had California flashbacks. The bed was shaking and things were knocking around making noise and I thought to myself that had to be an earthquake. I turned on the tv and sure enough - they were talking about it. My parents also felt it in Kentucky. Well that is the update on the Elfreich's right now. Samantha had a field trip today, but she won't tell me much about it since I wasn't there. (she is such a girl) Valerie and Veronica were worn out from playing at the child care at the Y. Thankfully they enjoy it. Veronica cries when I leave, but is busy playing when I go to pick her up so I know she settles down. It makes it a lot easier for me to go work out. Hope the weather is nice for everyone and enjoy the weekend.

No comments: