This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
April Fool
Unfortunately I don't have any fun or entertaining story about any kind of practical joke, but I suppose the day isn't over yet. I am out of the running in the basketball pool - Tennessee lost. Oh well - I guess I have to decide who I want to root for now. Samantha and Valerie have colds (again) - this time Valerie seems a little worse off. I kept Samantha home yesterday and she seemed okay. I sent her today and took the other two to the Y. Yes - we finally joined and I attended my first exercise class in 6 years. It is called BOSU Body. It is sort of like a step class, but instead of a step, imagine an exercise ball cut in half and you use that. Takes a lot of balance. Needless to say I did a lot of the routine on the floor. I did a lot on the ball, but decided I didn't want to hurt myself. My legs are tired for sure. But I'm very excited to be back exercising again. Anyhow - took my coughing and sneezing daughter to the child care (yes, I was one of those moms, dropping off her sick kid). Didn't realize how bad she was until after we got home. I may be keeping her home from school tomorrow since she doesn't know how to cover her mouth when she coughs. The timing for all of this is not good - especially since I'm wanting to work out now. No fun spring break plans for us - unless I decide to send Samantha to my parents or pack them all up and head there myself with the girls. Give Todd a week at home alone. I'll decide next week. One month until my 5k - I've been out running twice. This is why I signed up for the 5k and not the mini. I can wing 3 miles, not 13. Hopefully next time I'll have some sort of funny story about the girls and not more news on their colds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment