... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Monday, April 21, 2008

6 Years?

So I got one of those personal fact emails today from a friend. This one was a little different - all of your answers were supposed to be one word answers. For example - hair - I put dirty, something you aren't wearing right now - makeup. Anyhow, one of the questions was where do you want to be in 6 years? I really had to stop and think. I tend not to think past the next month let alone 6 years. My first thought was on a beach, but that is where I want to be all the time. So then I started thinking about how old the kids would be - 12, 9, and almost 8. WOW!!! They'll be in school all day - will I go back to work? Most likely not, at least not full time. I like being available for school stuff and who knows what activities they'll be involved in. So the only thing I could come up with was to be fit/healthy - because that is something that I don't think will change and it is something I'm working on right now. It feels as if I don't have goals - I do, but I guess so many of them center around the girls. My goals are to be a good mom, to teach my girls to be confident and caring. I want to raise girls that will give back. I do have a goal for next April, but I'll wait and post that another time. I'm still mulling it over and deciding if I really want to put it out there. And this one is all about me. Actually now that I think about it I do have dreams - learning to tap dance, participating in crew, learning to play and instrument (guitar hero doesn't count), going to Hawaii...I guess those could be called goals in a way. Okay - now I don't feel so bad and like I have no life or aspirations. I just look at them differently. What are your goals or dreams?

No comments: