... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Monday, August 25, 2008

Day One

Okay - so it has been a while for the few readers I have. Things have been hectic with the start of school and meet the teachers and all that good beginning of the school year stuff. I do have a few funny stories from watching the Olympics with the girls, but I'll write about those later. I am putting this out there because I need someone to keep me on track. I want to do the 5k next May and would like to better my time of 40 minutes. I also want to do a duathlon next spring/summer. So here it is - day one of my "training." I will call it that, but it is more or less just trying to get into a consistent routine of working out, of getting off my rear and doing something to get my heart rate up and breaking a sweat. Wish this would include housework, but for this goal it doesn't. I made it to the Y today and spent 30 minutes on the stationary bike and managed to do just over 5 miles. I was pleased and now I at least have a concept of biking pace. Then tonight I went for a 1 mile run after Todd got home. No clue how long it took. For right now, I'm leaving the watch at home and focusing on just trying to run the distance. If I don't do it this week, next week I'm bumping the distance up to two miles for the run. I want to get at least 3 runs and/or workouts in a week. I want to get on the bike at least once for now. Like I said my focus is just doing something right now. I do want to lose the weight - realistically 20 lbs, ideally 30 lbs, dreaming would be 35 lbs. But it isn't so much about the weight as it is about how my clothes fit, what size I am and how I feel about my body. I'm not making the conscious change in eating habits yet - baby steps. I'd rather work out than modify my food right now. Just keep your fingers crossed no one gets sick, because that is what throws a wrench into this whole exercise plan. I'll keep you posted (for those that are interested) and I'll get some more summer pics and stories of the girls out here soon. Love!

2 comments:

Go Mom Go said...

Sheri -
Go with Jesus is starting back up sept 6th -- 6:30 am. You know you wanna :)

Sounds like you have good goals -- call me if you want and we can talk. :)

check out Beth's other blog - she could use some love today.

shelbyfamily09.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Go, Sheri Lynn, go!!! Cheering you on from Ohio.

Traci