... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Catch Up

Well - it was nice to have a day off today. My ankles were tender this morning, but were fine the rest of the day. In order to get a run in tomorrow, I'm thinking I'm going to have to do it on the treadmill - YUCK! I don't like treadmill running. Oh well - I have someone that I am offering it up for - she and her family can use the prayers. She is expecting her first child in January and they just found out that the baby is positive for Trisomy 13. Not a good prognosis, but they are trying to stay positive and putting their faith in God's plan - so that is who I will be running for tomorrow. Keep them in your prayers - Aaron, Beth and baby is Jeremy. Okay - time to catch up. Where do I start? Val is our ham and our athlete as of now. Todd was teaching her how to throw and catch a frisbee the other day and she was doing awesome - we actually had the triangle going and were playing catch with the three of us. She also likes to smack the ball off the tee (as in baseball). She is a switch hitter right now - hmmmm? Can she make any money with this skill? Olympics stories - Sam was tired of us watching them. We did actually get the Synchronized swimming on for a little bit and Val was laying on the floor pointing her toes, kicking her legs around, trying to mimic what the teams were doing on TV. The next day they watched almost 2 Rhythmic Gymnastic routines using the rope and the next thing I know, they are outside with the jumpropes and Val is holding it exactly the way she saw on TV and jumping and trying to throw it up and catch it. We have mimics in this house. I did my loud whistle where I use my fingers in my mouth and the next thing I know, Ron is trying to do it too. She still doesn't speak coherently though - I'm waiting for the switch to turn on. She talks a lot and she knows what we are saying, she just can't convey her message very well. Met Val's teachers tonight - she starts next week (yeah!) One of the subs remembered her from last year as liking to talk and was amazed last year at how well she could speak. It is so hard to remember she is only 3. Gotta run - I'll post tomorrow and let you know how the workout went. This will keep me honest, hopefully.