... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Adventures in First Grade

Well - with a week under our belt we are off to a good start. We haven't had to run for the bus yet and I've been there to meet her at the end of the day. We had some confusion on the name though - and not the last name. Samantha decided this summer that she wanted to be Sam. So when she got to school she told her teacher. Well as I was going through her papers I found one with "Sami" written on it. Not a big fan of Sami so I said something to her. She started crying and told me that she couldn't be Sam because there was another one in the class and that is what the teacher told her to write. After thinking for a minute I asked if the teacher meant Sam E. Well needless to say we got it straightened out - she is going to be called Samantha, but can write Sam E. on her papers. Never imagined that Sam E could become Sami. We thought we could just start calling her "Same" Then we had meet the teacher last night and she told us that on Friday Samantha just started crying and said "I'm just so tired." It is an adjustment for all of us. But I must say that it is nice having all day to do things with the other two. Veronica is at her grandparents' this week - so just having one has been a breeze. We are going to the pool after lunch. Oh - another note - Samantha is now missing both front teeth. I'll get a pic and put it out here. That was some additional drama on Friday. She bumped it on the bus and it almost came out - so she came off the bus with her mouth all bloody, crying and the tooth just hanging there. Got home and got the tooth out and she finally settled down - just in time for Grandma and Papaw to show up. Whew! It was a busy week needless to say.

No comments: