This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Thursday, June 5, 2008
It's All About Me
I have STRUGGLED this week to work out at all. It has seemed very easy for me to come up with reasons not to go. But I did make it on Tuesday and today. I want to go tomorrow, but with it being the first day of summer vacation, I'm not waking anyone up if they are still asleep. Perhaps I'll run later in the day, plus I need to cut the grass. What has gotten my rear in there to exercise the last two days is thinking of the fact that I believe I'm heavier this summer than I was last year. UGH! I look at my eating habits and they aren't good, but I'm lazy. I admit it. I don't like preparing food and that is my downfall. I've always said that if there was a pill I could take that would satisfy my nutritional needs and make me feel full, I'd be all over it. Anyhow - the instructor for the class today suggested we keep a food journal. I'm not very good at it, I tried when I was pregnant to track my protein intake and I would miss things. Stephanie (the instructor) had the idea of breaking it down and not trying to do everything at once. Just shoot for increasing your water intake this week, then go for veggies, etc. I liked that approach. So, I got a small notebook and pen that I can toss in my purse for when I'm on the go and need to write down my cherry coke from steak and shake (my downfall - I like my coke). So, I will try to update you periodically on how it is going. I wish there was a 4 week biggest loser program for people who need to lose less than 100 pounds. Oh well - I have some friends that are in a similar boat so we'll see how things go. On a side note - I haven't registered for the duathlon yet. I need to get on a bike. Who knows - with it being summer break I may start taking full advantage of the 2 hours the kids will spend in childwatch at the Y and go for a run or ride after my workout. We'll see. I need to remember my Matthew Kelly quote - celebrate your progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment