This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Monday, March 3, 2008
A Little Hilarity?
I don't know...maybe I'm losing my mind, but some of the events of today were humorous so I had to share. First of all -the weekend was fairly uneventful. We couldn't get outside to enjoy the nice weather yesterday because all the kids are coughing and snotty. Valerie and Veronica were on meds for strep throat. Veronica wound up with a fever over the weekend and really didn't sleep well Friday or Saturday night. Samantha was just super congested and doesn't know how to blow her nose.
Come to this morning. I make Samantha go to school (she doesn't have a fever, so I figure it is just a cold). She looks pitiful getting on the bus, just kind of groggy. I pick the kids up from school and Samantha looks like she is going to fall asleep in the back. We get home and I get brunch for the kids. I say brunch because they wanted waffles and chocolate milk. Anyhow - I get Veronica down for a nap at 1pm and Samantha is laying in her sleeping bag on the floor dozing. But then she wants a snack so I make her popcorn (it is what she asked for). Valerie plays on the computer all afternoon. Samantha has a doctor's appointment at 4:05. I get Samantha and Valerie all ready to go and at 3:20, I go wake up Veronica from a nice nap and put coat and shoes on her and put her in the car. We get to the office and I call from the car to see if they are running on time. I have a movie playing so if they are late, why drag them inside. I'm told they are on time so we decide to head in. This is around 4pm and after Samantha has said she thought she was going to be sick and we stood by the bushes for a few minutes. She didn't get sick (then). We get inside, the waiting room is pretty much empty (2 other people) and I ask for a bucket because Samantha doesn't feel well. They give me one of those hospital ones that would maybe hold a cup...who decided that would be a good thing to use if someone is going to be sick? Anyhow - we start waiting. 10 minutes, 15 minutes, gotta run for the bathroom (with extra kids in tow) and yes Samantha did get sick. This is the funny part - her younger sisters watching and Veronica starts to cry because I push her back because she was getting too close to the toilet and Valerie just watching and saying "ewww!" Meanwhile, I'm a sympathetic puker so I'm just trying to focus on Samantha and not the popcorn, chocolate milk and waffles that she had to eat earlier in the day. Okay - so now 20-25 minutes later, they put us in an exam room across the hall from a bathroom. We wait, Valerie uses the potty (side note - she is doing awesome with the potty), Samantha uses it. Veronica checks out the procedure room B, all three roam the halls a little. 5:05 - the doctor comes in. Samantha has a double ear infection and we don't know what is going on with Veronica, but let's try another antibiotic and Valerie is looking good. We leave, I go drop off the Rx, pick up pizza for dinner, pick up the Rx and head home. It is about 6:05pm. I was hoping to go to 6:30pm mass and am thinking if I can get home by 10 after, I might make it. I'm in the neighborhood and about two minutes after thinking that, I hear from the backseat, "Mommy, I'm gonna be sick." As I'm pulling over, I'm yelling to her to get out - go, go, go! I run around to the side of the van with the door open and get her out, thankfully I also had an umbrella in the car because it is raining. Picture the two of us standing along the side of the road in the neighborhood in the rain and she is getting sick in the grass. Poor thing, but you can see the humor in it as well right? We make it home, get everyone inside, have dinner and get everyone to bed. I didn't make it to church. Needless to say she is staying home tomorrow. We are having a PJ day. I think we can use it. And it is only Monday? Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Sheri!
I hope that you all have a good jammy day AND get everyone feeling a little bit better.
Take your Airbornne! :)
Laura
Post a Comment