This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Monday, March 17, 2008
Happy St. Patrick's Day
I can't help but remember all the St. Patty's days in the past that we celebrated before kids. I have had my fair share of green beer. My fondest memory is when we lived in Columbus and were out with friends and a couple of the guys had their own green food coloring and were trying to dye their dark porter beer green. The foam got a green tint and by the end of the night their teeth were green. I also remember one year in Columbus heading out to watch basketball games on St. Patrick's day and the bar we were in lost power and the ac went out. It was a warm spring day so they opened the windows and everyone went right on drinking. The power did come back on and we got to watch more basketball. I think too that was the year Gonzaga surprised everyone. Tonight it will probably be just having a beer at home after the kids go to bed. We are all wearing green, but no real celebration. Samantha is having a little party at school today and Valerie's was last week. I think we are a little more focused on Easter and getting ready for that. Hope you all have a Happy St. Patty's Day and if you are fortunate enough to be going out...be safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment