This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Jealousy!
It is so hard for me at this time of year. I have never done a Spring Break - nope, not in college and not in the 14 years of marriage. I always have a hard time when so many people are making their plans to head someplace for vacation. I run through all the feelings - that's not fair, why can't we go, I deserve it just as much as they do, when do I get my turn. It is really a struggle. Then when everyone gets home, it is sometimes hard for me to listen to how much fun they had and see how rested and healthy they look. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for them. It is just a struggle when I dislike cold and winter so much and I don't get a break until summer. Oh well - no pity party, just some thoughts. One of these years, we ARE going on Spring Break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
when you do go - it will be GREAT! :)
Post a Comment