... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Busy Times

Finished up VBS last week and it went very well. I spent the week teaching (or trying to) 3 year olds about being thankful, brave, helpful, and telling others about God. I also taught them the sign of the cross and how to use the holy water as you enter church and why. They were great! We also did crafts and learned songs with hand motions. We were all tired come Friday afternoon. Valerie didn't even make it home before she passed out in the car - it is only a 10 min drive. Funny story from today - Valerie was in the back of the van and was crying because she had stuck her finger in her eye (not real clear on why or how). Samantha asked her if she would feel better if she stuck her finger in her eye. Todd and I just laughed and shook our heads. Needless to say the exercise routine is non-existent right now. Too tired after spending the mornings with toddlers. I'm taking tomorrow off - I want a rain day/pj day at home. Samantha is already asking for a playdate. Then I'm heading back to it on Tuesday. We got Samantha's backpack today and lunch box. Now the girls are set for that. I can't believe she starts school in 3 weeks. I am NOT looking forward to the first week - they start on Monday and she will be going all day. She is going to be tired and crabby. Well - we have nothing scheduled this week so I'm hoping for some down time for everyone since everyone is a little tired. I've got some great photos I'll have to post soon.

No comments: