- I promised it wouldn't be so long, yet here it is...a month later. So much has happened. First - Disney was AWESOME! Just so many things went right and fell into place and we just had a great time. Stayed at Saratoga Springs (which I highly recommend) and did all the parks. The girls had a ball. Sam's favorite - It's a Small World - no wait so we rode it at least 5 times. Val's favorites - Goofy's Barnstormer and she graduated to Big Thunder Mountain - she screamed and giggled through the whole thing. Ron's favorite - Aladdin's Magic Carpets. We also had a stop in GA to see my niece graduate from HS, which was a special treat. After we got home it was major "fun detox" but we survived.
- Once again things fell into place and I had the chance to see Wicked the Musical. I LOVED it! I went with a good friend, her mom and 2 sisters and brother in law. We went to dinner before and thought we had plenty of time. Our service was a little slow so we were leaving the restaurant at 7:20 and the show started at 7:30. We were within walking distance - about 4 blocks, but it was POURING down rain. Needless to say we sprinted to the show and were soaked. We walked in and they were flicking the lights for everyone to take their seats. We sat down and the show started - I didn't even think about how wet I was, it was that good.
- Then it was off to KY for a week with the grandparents. That turned out to not be as relaxing as I'd hoped...Sam had a case of lice. So we spent the week treating the kids and cleaning the house. We did get to the pool a couple of times and Good news - it seemed to be mild so it has been taken care of.
- Now my niece is here helping us out for the week. I've been able to do some organizing and am hoping to get caught up on some cleaning. Celebrating Todd's birthday tomorrow, car getting serviced, bbq with friends for the 4th. Todd is heading to Germany soon. I'm going to be the next Spiritual Director for CRHP at our church, which is very exciting. I'll have to comment on that more later. Summer is flying by, but we are enjoying every minute of it. Hope to not be gone so long.
This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
I know...I know....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Finally an update on your family. It helps to have your niece in town so you can catch up! Although the bunny background is proof you haven't been here in awhile or are you paying tribute to our yard pests! See you Saturday. Happy Birthday to Todd!
Post a Comment