This is about surviving the day to day and raising three girls. And the occasional musings about life and the world.
... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Life Keeps Getting in the Way
So, why does life get in the way? I'm not down on myself and I know there are things out of my control, but it is so frustrating. I had started my workout schedule and was feeling good - then kids got sick. That threw a kink in to everything and here it is a month later and I haven't been on the bike or done weights. I have been running twice a week. Thanks to my neighbor who is also trying to get into exercising. I'm making progress, just not the way I want. I was all set to head to the Y on Monday and get on the bike...Samantha was up for 30 min coughing the night before so I let her sleep and drove her to school. That threw the whole morning off and since I knew I was running in the evening I skipped it. Tuesday was spent at the dentist and doctor's office. Samantha is taking Singulair for 2 weeks and then being rechecked to see if it might be some sort of asthma thing. Today was a relaxing day at home cleaning. It was exactly what I needed. No one needed to be anywhere. I'll be running in the evening again tomorrow so pretty much, no Y for the rest of the week. I find myself get frustrated, but then remember that these things are small. I have friends dealing with much bigger issues and that helps keep things in perspective and I try to remember to offer my frustrations and trials up for them. I do try to be thankful as I'm taking a child to the doctor for the 3rd time in 2 weeks, because we have healthcare and they will be taken care of. The fact that I need to lose weight...I try to remember that it is because I have plenty to eat and am not wondering where my next meal will come from. So, the fact that my routine isn't going the way I want isn't a big deal. I'll keep trying and doing what I can and I'll enjoy my life with all its ups and downs and twists and turns. How does that saying go? If you want to make God laugh, make plans. It is true. God Bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment