... let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 (excerpt)

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Too Long!

  • I can't believe it has been a month since I've posted anything. So much has been going. We have decided to take a vacation and do Disney. Very last minute planning, but we will be going the first week in June. We are very excited and managed to get two of the 3 character meals we wanted. It works out because it backs up to my niece's hs graduation. The nice thing is we only have a few weeks of the kids asking when we are going instead of months.
  • Todd and I both ran this past weekend. He did the mini - 13.1 miles in 1:53 and I did the 5k - 3.1 miles in 38:20. Neither of us met our goal, but we still did our personal best. We are very sore.
  • The girls are doing well - Sam is finishing up first grade and doing well. I think she and I both are ready for summer break. Homework has become quite a challenge for us all. Val only has 4 days left and she and I are both going to miss the two days a week. Ron has only 3 days left. She has really enjoyed it. She is still doing speech therapy and we are actually going to increase it to twice a week this summer. She is doing well - she really tries. She just doesn't remember to say certain sounds so we are trying to reteach her.
  • I'm having motivation issues with diet and exercise (as usual). I'm going to work in the yard this week, which is exercise. Otherwise I want to get on the bike again and do weights and some of the classes. I want to take a short break from running, but not exercise. Although right now I'm hesitant to go because I don't want to get sick and I certainly don't want the girls to get anything from child watch. So - that is what we've been up to. I'll try not to wait so long next time.

No comments: